Friday was not a good day.
I was told at the work that whilst I was allowed my 3 months off they couldn’t guarantee my job at the end of it. They could guarantee a job when I return, just not the same position. I sat in my managers office in stunned silence for a minute sensing that warm feeling when your eyes fill with tears; my job or my happiness, which is a ridiculously huge decision to make but guess which one won? My happiness.
That’s right. I am taking the trip of a lifetime with the possibility of not having a job to come back to. Thank god for living back with my mum! So, begs the questions. If there is a possibility I haven’t got a job to come back to, do I take it to the extreme and leave for 12 months and work my way around? It’s such a shame I have this huge thing hanging over me. I will need to force myself not to care about whether I have a job at the end of it or not. Whilst it would be a shame as I really enjoy working for my boss and love the girls I work with, there are always options. Put it this way, if I travelled a few months ago when I was paying a mortgage and everything it entails it would be a very different story but at the moment I have no real financial commitments and I am not in debt so I have a lot going for me.
I’ve thought about it over the weekend and spoken with friends/family etc and they all agree that I should go. I mean, if I let work dictate me at my age I will always find a reason not to go. Am I right?