***NEW FEATURES AND PAGES COMING SOON!***
Welcome to Reclaiming My Future…
Hi there! I’m Toni and I’ll be your host for your life journey This isn’t just a travel or personal blog – it’s a place where you can read thought-provoking posts, travel tips, laugh out loud humour and inspiration to get you going on your life journey.
I’m learning how to change my life and become happy through travel and in taking my journey, I hope to inspire you to take yours. Whether that’s offering you tips about overlanding through Africa, how to make positive changes in your life or simply being a listening ear when you need one; I’m only ever a digital step away.
If you don’t believe I can help you, then read these snippets:
I haven’t been a backpacker for long – I started in 2010 with three months solo around Asia and last year I overlanded from South Africa to Kenya in six weeks but just in that short amount of time, I have learnt so much about travelling and myself that I hope to be able to pass on any wisdom I may have because of it.
So who am I really?
I’m just a girl. A 20-something female British backpacker determined to change the ordinary to the extraordinary by facing my fears and living life to the full; hopefully inspiring you along the way.
In just my short amount of backpacking time I’ve:
- Been on the Shinkansen (bullet train) from Mount Fuji to Tokyo
- Walked the entire trail of Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
- Spent a weekend in Singapore with a girl I’d never met (who would become a great friend)
- Learnt to dive and then spent a week on a liveaboard dive boat around the Similan Islands, Thailand (best week of my life)
- Kayaked around the Ang Thong Marine National Park, Gulf Sea, Thailand
- Danced (and drank) the night away with new found friends on Koh Tao
- Climbed an active volcano to watch the sunrise over Bali
- Cried with pure happiness seeing wild animals on safari
- Took a microlight flight over Victoria Falls
- Spent time with Masai children and danced with warriors in Tanzania
- Found myself
- Made friends for life
And so much more!!
When I’m not on here, I’m over on my Facebook page where I share quotes, ask questions and post photos of my adventures. I’ve also been known to send an ‘occasional’ tweet on my Twitter profile where I retweet blog posts I think you’ll like, get to know people more and generally have travel fun in 140 characters or less!
What’s with the blog name you ask? Well if you’re anything like me, you’ve let life get in the way of living it. You’re a student who’s fed up with studying or a worker stuck in the cubicle 5 days a week not knowing what to do with yourself (I’m the latter) and you’re finally beginning to realise that there’s something better out there for you…
That’s when you have to learn from your past, live in the present and start reclaiming your future!
As for the rest….stick around my friends; it’s about to get interesting….